In Case You Missed A Recent Post




Monday 8 July 2013

Summer Is Here

Summer and the heat has arrived here in British Columbia the two don't always go hand in hand in July.  I thought I would post things to do with summer.



These are two of seven barrels I have plants in around the yard.



I've added this red Volkswagen to my collection I have in my home office.



These are new and vintage postcards all have a common theme of being at the beach.



I found this brown and white Fire King mug with flowers at the secondhand store the other day.  I've added it to my collection I now have the two above in this pattern.



I was walking out of the secondhand store and just happened to look back in the window and saw I had missed this paperweight so back in I went.



I found this 1976 Eaton's Spring Summer catalogue at a garage sale.  It was fun to browse through it.



I'm guessing this picture was taken in Sechelt, British Columbia but don't hold me to it I could be totally wrong.

Hot Fun In The Summer Time

End of the spring and here she comes back
Hi, hi, hi, hi, there
Them summer days, those summer days

That's when I had most of my fun back
High, high, high, high here
Them summer days, those summer days

I 'Cloud nine' when I want to
Out of school, yeah
County fair in the country sun
And everything, it's true, ooh, yeah, yeah

Hot fun in the summertime
Hot fun in the summertime
Hot fun in the summertime

Hot fun in the summertime

First of the fall and then she goes back
Bye, bye, bye, bye there
Them summer days, those summer days

'Boop - boop - ba- boop - boop' when I want to
Out of school
County fair in the country sun
And everything, it's cool, ooh,yeah

Hot fun in the summertime
Hot fun in the summertime
Hot fun in the summertime

This post made me think of this song which was recorded by Sly And The Family Stone. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 
Sharing with:Stylish Once Again, Silver Pennies, Boogieboard CottageSir Thrift A LotLife on Lakeshore DriveNifty ThriftyCoastal Charm, Little Red House, Boogieboard Cottage, Debbiedoos, Cozy Little House, Sir Thrift A Lot, Remnants, Mod Vintage Life, Ivy and Elephants, A Creative Princess, A Delightsome Life, Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson, Embracing Change, How Sweet The Sound Pink Saturday, Chic On A Shoestring Decorating, Debbiedoos

9 comments:

  1. Nice post love old pictures by the way your Canada Day post was right on. 1967 was special to me went to world scout jamboree in Idaho and I was 16...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post!! Love the little bug!!

    I have that catalogue, I don't often see them but when I do, it seems to be this very one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh - I love your finds! The barrel planters are fabulous - but it's the mugs & those lovely square dishes in your header that nearly bring a tear to my eye. My grammy had dishes like that and I have no idea why I didn't save them. But seeing yours brought back so,e wonderful memories - thanks for sharing!

    Kim @ {enjoy the view}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post and finds! The barrel planters are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your Summer and the heat :) Subtropical winter greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. those old wooden tubs look great planted up in your yard! sweet mugs too! greetings Aniko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot summer here in UT too. Your barrels look beautiful! I only have one in my garden, but I really enjoy it. The postcards are fabulous! Looks like you found some fun things. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summertime is definitely here - love your flowers! You've gathered some gorgeous blooms together - love the vintage items and especially the last photo - the Volkswagon is classic! I am so delighted you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are enjoying summertime and the heat! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your kind comments.
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...