In Case You Missed A Recent Post




Monday 9 September 2013

My Memories And Others Memories

This past Saturday morning the boyfriend was up and out the door without me.  Bye honey.  You might ask what I was doing I was sleeping sleep was more important then the hunt.  When he got back we were off to the local secondhand stores.  We found a few things but my new planters won't make it into my blog till next Spring.  The following finds are from the past couple of months that I finally got the pictures done.


Lionsgate Bridge in Vancouver, British Columbia.


Old ship sailing along maybe in British Columbia's waters.


Early picture of a Indian village in Sechelt, British Columbia.  A few decades later I would spend my holidays at the family cabin on the beach in Sechelt.

The above pictures are not from my family collection but are someone Else's memories that ended up in a local secondhand store.  I totally missed the old album these pictures came in, luckily the boyfriend spotted it.  I love old photo's even if they're someone Else's memories.


Oh my gosh childhood flashback I remembered a family friend having a cookie jar like this one when I was a kid in the 70's.  I found it at the first garage sale we went to a couple of weeks ago.


About a month ago the boyfriend had only one flea market so when he saw a garage sale sign I'm sure the car made a beeline to it's target.  He found this 1958 promotional Pyrex oval divided casserole dish the pattern is Barbed Wire.  He was also over the moon since he got a good deal on a English fly fishing rod.


This Anne Tainter postcard is one of many I found awhile back.


This blue bubble paperweight was another good addition to my collection.


These Dahlia's are from my garden the color makes me think of Hawaiian Punch.

Sharing with: Remnant, A Living Space, Mod Vintage Life, Coastal Charm, A Blossoming Life, Boogieboard Cottage, Hey Whats For Dinner Mom, Sir Thrift A Lot

2 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I love old photographs. I recently inherited all my in-laws photographs. I don't know much about the family, but I love to study the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! The Dahlia photo is awe sum The colors of the Dahlia's, sunflowers and fence really pop nice shot.

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your kind comments.
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...