In Case You Missed A Recent Post




Sunday 20 September 2015

A Walk In The Rain In The Garden

Well we are finally getting a fair bit of rain here in the Fraser Valley in British Columbia and believe me I`m not complaining.  It`s nice not to have to water everything.  This past week I`ve been tired but I`ve just gone from one shift at work to a totally different one so I`m guessing it has something to do with it.  I managed to hit a couple of second hand stores yesterday but didn`t find that many items.



I took the picture of the church above a few years back it`s located a few miles down the road from the house I grew up in.  It kind of fit my mood today so I thought I would put it in this post.


    A Walk In The Rain Around The Yard


Yesterday I took a walk around the yard and snapped these pictures of things growing there. 



This mug is Watcombe Devon Motto Ware England.
My grandparents had a plate in this pattern on the wall in their cabin.

The mug reminds me in a way of something Clarice Cliff would have done and since finding pieces by her are hard to come by here in British Columbia  I thought I would get it when I saw it even if it isn`t by her.




I recently came by these books by Mark Twain at the same time in my favorite second hand store I wonder if it was someone`s collection or just ended up there at the same time by chance.

I of course know the story of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn but have never heard of Tom Sawyer Abroad.
The last book with a picture of Mark Twain is ``A Treasury Of Mark Twain The Greatest Humor of the Greatest American Humorist.



These Allies are part of my glass collection it`s always nice to find them in bags of marbles I pick up at the second hand stores.

Sharing with

10 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,

    That butter dish is a rare one, I think. I like the picture of the church too; it looks well-kept. Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, pretty flower mosaic. And I love the cute mug and butter dish. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your treasures are keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found my marbles...I lost them you know! :) Oh and those classic books...I had that collection growing up!! How cool is that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, I love the marbles! Great collection. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading Tom Sawyer when young and daydreaming about adventures for myself. :-)
    My small collection of marbles are used in the bottom of pots to keep the inside one up for drainage. Of course, they're dollar store origin.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good ole Mark Twain. Love all those books. Looks like you still have some pretty flowers in your yard.
    Joy @ Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the old stuff thanks for sharing I have a casserole that will I believe match your butter dish
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. just updated my google and comment went poof. Trying again and hoping two comments don't show.

    Such lovely photos as usual, the church and your yard being my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the church and flower photos! Nice finds.

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your kind comments.
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...