In Case You Missed A Recent Post




Monday 4 June 2012

A Look At Things British

The Queens Diamond Jubilee has me thinking of things that are British.  I would love to go to a car boot sale or open market for antiques in England.  To see that much history in one spot.  There will be a few things in this blog I've put in before mixed in with new stuff.


This collage of the Queen is a picture of a tea towel from the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977, A paperweight of the Queen that I have in my collection and a red tin put out by OXO to celebrate Queen Elizabeth 2nd's Coronation.



This bowl was my grandmothers and always kept in a cabinet.  It was only recently I realized it was a piece of Spode it's called Spode's Jewel and it's made in England.


This plate is a piece of Carlton Ware which was made in England.


This collage has a platter that is Creampetal made by Grindley which was made in England.  The salt and pepper shakers are Blue Nordic by J and G Meakin made in England.  The book on Clarice Cliff who was an industrial artist in the potteries of England from 1922 to 1963 is a good introduction to her work.  I love her way out there designs.
Clarice Cliff For Collectors
By Greg Slater
First published in the United Kingdom in 2009
By Thames & Hudson Ltd.


The British Bulldog with his Union Jack flag is a Royal Doulton piece this is a family piece that my mom still has and it will go to my sister.


The powder compact is by Melissa and made in England.

Linking with:
DebbieDoo's 
Southern Hospitality 
Our Delightful Home 
Coastal Charm 
Nifty Thrifty Things 
Boogieboard Cottage 
The Farmhouse Porch

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing the royal souvenirs on the various Jubilee posts this week... I had to buy a Jubilee magnet at Walmart last week - just so I would have something.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Royal Souvenirs. I watched the barge/boats twice yesterday, loved the close-ups of the Royals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming things, I think I will look at my pieces a little closer,

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your kind comments.
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...