In Case You Missed A Recent Post




Sunday 12 July 2015

A Whole Mix Of Things


I cannot believe we are almost half way through July my days are flying by.  Here in British Columbia this past weekend we finally got some cooler days with some rain thrown in.  Last weekend the husband and I went out to Chilliwack and I saw this sign outside one of the businesses & liked it so I took a picture to share with you.


The above items are some of my finds this past weekend I was quite happy to find them.  The jug has a totally 70's feel to it.  The chip & dip set was a nice find I've found the same set in orange before and traded my cousin for one he had that I liked better.  The fondue forks are larger then the ones I usually find but my cousin suggested they may be  for meat.


These paperweights are some out of the 64 I was given last month.  I have not yet identified the makers of them. 


THE KID`S  CORNER


I saw this Curious George in a box and scooped it up I've also been collecting the books which I've taken pictures of a few above.  My cousin and his wife are going to have a little one soon so these items are for the baby.


I planted my garlic this past Fall and last weekend I pulled it I've never had it ready quite this early before.


I liked this picture it's out of an album I bought it reminds me of all the fruit stands that open every summer in the Okanagan here in British Columbia.


In my last post I had someone else`s pictures from an album I bought who had done a trip up and around the Cariboo  in British Columbia but they didn`t go as far as Barkerville but in my post comments Diana asked me if I had been there and yes I have twice as a child with my parents and twice as an adult.  When I read her question it brought to mind some things that happened on these trips that I thought I would share with you. 

On my families second  trip as a child my dad`s parents came with us and campers they weren`t we were tenting and my grandmother had brought her electric blanket with her this was the 70`s no electric sockets in the campsites.
 
My grandmother was scared of bears and thought for sure a bear was going to get us one night we all woke up to her pounding the side of the tent with a stick because a bear was trying to get in.  It took a few minutes for my dad to convince her it wasn`t a bear but my grandfather trying to get back in the tent who was flat on his back outside the tent. My grandfather had early Parkinson disease at this time which is why she managed to land him on the ground, he could not move away fast enough. 

My last trip was with my parents and my six year old  nephew while we were there my nephew got a pop gun.  The following year my parents asked my nephew where he wanted to go for his vacation with them and he said Barkerville my dad pointed out to him he was there last year wouldn`t he like to go somewhere else.  My nephew was determined to go back to Barkerville so off they went.  They got up there he went to the general store got another pop gun then told my dad he was ready to go.  My dad told him you picked Barkerville and my nephew said I saw everything last year my dad told him too bad I`ve paid for the day you are here for the day.  Lesson my parents learned find out my nephews reason for wanting to go somewhere.

The above pictures I took on my last two trips to Barkerville, British Columbia if you like historical towns I totally recommend it as a place to consider visiting.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
Have a great week.
Denise

Sharing with:


9 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,

    I'm always impressed with your finds. You truly have a collector's "eye." Thanks for playing today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds, I like the paperweights. The Curious George in a box brought back memories. Thanks for sharing the stories, I am glad there was not a bear outside the tent. Enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finds! Love the curious george!
    Joy @ Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finds. I smiled at the Curious George goodies. Love the paperweights. Loved reading the stories. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I'm glad that a new generation will get to enjoy Curious George!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a wind up box that a clown popped out of, funny how little ones could play with that thing for hours. Some good vintage finds and your early camping stories are fun - especially your grandmother dinging her hubby with a stick.
    I was just looking at my garlic this morning and thinking it won't be long before harvest, yours looks great.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our garlic is early this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweet Denise! I always love seeing your old photos :) And my, what lovely finds! I am amazed at how you always come up with delightful items.

    Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Have a lovely day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Denise! Thanks for the sharing the family story, I love that! Oh my your finds are always fabulous. Love the jug, and the chip and dip bowl makes my heart go flip flop. Great Curious George score. I've never planted garlic, yours looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your kind comments.
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...