In Case You Missed A Recent Post




Monday 22 February 2016

Back To The 1960's & 1970's

I hope you all had a good Valentines Day I was going to skip doing anything for my husband since last year I got zip nothing.  I might add that yet again he didn't even share the chocolate I gave him.  Then he says a couple of days before the big day this year that he's ready for it.  So I thought about it for a day and decided I would get him a card and some chocolates.  I'm glad I changed my mind since I got chocolates and a dozen long stem white roses my favorite.
 

The above dish is a piece done by Seetusee Glassware by Mayfair Portage La Prairie Manitoba, Canada the front is glass and the back is genuine leather.  I found out about it from a friend just before Christmas.  Then about a week ago I saw the above dish in the picture at my favorite second hand store and had to get it to add to my glass collection.


The above pictures in the collage are items from the 1960's, 1970's.
The dish in the top left and the vase at the bottom right are both West Germany pieces.


The above pictures are all ad's for Volkswagen from Life Magazine in the 1960's.


The black Volkswagen is the newest Volkswagen I have added to my collection of pictures.


Herbie was a famous Volkswagen when I was growing up .


I found this owl paperweight a few weeks ago another addition to my collection.


I thought I would share these items of my husband since he's always suggesting I use some of his stuff.  A friend of mine gave him the sign for Christmas.  The pink and red flies  are for catching pink salmon, the book came out of his fishing library, the creel we got a few years back and the fly reel is called the Gordon by Sharpes of Aberdeen, Scotland and was made in the early 1960's which he found in mint condition at a garage sale.  



Sharing with



5 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,

    Yes, I loved Herbie too. I would like to see a Herbie Two movie. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have done the happy dance when you found The Love Bug book. We drove a Bug until it finally rusted out (floor), great little car.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful finds especially that Golden Book!

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Problem-solving is the capacity to discover an answer for a troublesome issue or concern. It includes identifying an issue, understanding the reason for the issue, finding an answer, and finding a way to correct the issue
    CLICK HERE.

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your kind comments.
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...