In Case You Missed A Recent Post




Monday 24 November 2014

Elvis, Marilyn And More

It's hard to believe November is almost over I managed to hit most of my favorite second hand stores this past week.   It's been quite awhile since I've had any time to hit more then maybe one store if at all in a week. 


These dishes have a yellow and orange theme going on.  The bowl, salt and pepper shakers were made in Japan.  The mugs are not marked but if I was guessing it would be Japan too.  The yellow glass jar reminds me of ones from the 70's.


I picked up these two Russell Stover Elvis tins and added them to my collection.  The black and white page is a record sleeve to protect a record one side had early RCA album covers of Elvis the other side his later years.


The picture has a Marilyn Monroe calendar, 4 postcards and a book about her.


This blue brooch is unmarked. 



I believe this is my grandfather's half sister from England. I don't know anyone from this side of the family.  I've been trying to do a family tree but have not gotten very far.

Thank you for taking the time to visit.
Denise

Sharing with
Smiling Sally Blue Monday
Sir Thrift A Lot
Cozy Little House

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise,

    I love that brooch! It's in good shape.

    I have a cousin who did a family tree. Oh, she worked so hard on it. I am grateful she did. Good luck on your search.

    Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

    Happy Blue Monday and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your kind comments.
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...